Solo Dio Perdona | Commento a caldo da Cannes
It’s not an obsession. It’s anxiety for something fresh, new, stylish.
I wrote about the screenplay for Only God Forgives a while ago, but I thought it was too much since it hasn’t even been screened publicly yet. So here’s a more condensed version.
* It’s the second draft for the film, which means a lot of it was written while writing Drive, which has most likely changed after making it. Plus, some of the trailers and clips have a lot of things cut from the scene, but that’s a good thing.
- Religion clashes with blasphemous characters.
- It’s as if the film is entirely written from a nightmare; seeing how a whole scene is shot as one.
- Vague/Brief dialogue, dependent on acting and heavy symbolism.
- Gritty, sexy, violent.
- Karaoke is going to be the next big thing in sound design and music composition.
- The ending is quite… a twist…
- Can’t wait to see how great the picture looks since it gives a neo-noir type of feel.
- Like Drive, but more likely to be better.
Trying not to share to much… just thoughts. Damn you Cannes goers, damn you… Till then… time to listen to the soundtrack until the release…
Just got a copy of the Children of Men and Only God Forgives screenplay… so ready.
CSSSA really is cruising for a bruising since I have yet to receive any notification of… anything really… hehe… mmm…
The Pied Pipers x Dream